Saturday, January 5, 2013

Wood splitting party

Exhaustion. That is the word for today. I woke at 8 am to go to Brainerd Farmer’s Market. There were only a few of us vendors, and very few customers. I’m shocked I sold anything. But I did, enough to pay for the day out. This is off season for that particular market and I don’t think it’s worth it for me to go there until April when there are more vendors again, and more reasons for people to come out. I need to find other markets.


Then I headed over to a friend of ours for a wood splitting party. Camilla and Lori had already arrived and were at work, along with a couple more friends. Thanks to them we were able to get enough wood to maybe get us to springtime depending on the temps.




6 hours of carrying large logs, splitting, loading in wheelbarrow, hauling up a ramp into a uhaul truck! Yes, so much, maybe 4 ricks they estimated…all in one day. We kicked ass! Camilla and I did the hauling from the splitter to the truck…for hours. I have regained muscles I thought were long gone in my back arms and hands. Camilla worked even longer than I did because she was already working when I got there after the market. Unfortunately tomorrow we have to unload here at the house and stack. Not as psyched about it, but maybe if I get good rest between now and then.



Camilla is smiling here, but she didn't consider it a party. She was a big help though.

Ok, so we’re not used to that type of work often so we treated ourselves to mellow mushroom afterwards : )




Too exhausted to write more.

No comments:

Post a Comment