Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

I intended this blog to be for LMSH, but it looks like it’s more my personal blog, including life here at LMSH. The last couple of days have been surreal, starting the new year and the new age. Yesterday a dear friend of many of us, David Nazar, treated Camilla and I to a movie…and in 3-D! Thanks David. Then we spent new years eve at Bob and Mary’s in Trenton. Delightful group of people. It’s so funny how small a place this is, and I keep unintentionally bumping into people I have previously met. ‘Twas a good night of food, drinks, and drumming around a fire. We rang in the new year right, surrounded with friends. So glad I chose to be out instead of home alone.

Today is a special day. This afternoon a new life has come into being, and friends of the family have given birth to a little boy. Lori would have been there if she had been given the opportunity. Dayle is a grandfather, congrats Dayle!

Last night Lori said so much of her life revolves around fire right now. Such a basic need, warmth and light. I am growing fonder of fires since I moved here. I am refining my firebuilding skills and jump at the opportunity to start or maintain the fires here at LMSH.


Still working on the scarf. Should have used bigger needles, as with 8s it will be very thick. Luckily I didn’t make it very wide. I want to finish it so I can start on another one I have in mind.

So, when it’s rainy like it is today, I really don’t get much done with the gardens/gardening. It time to do other things, but I get antsy since I know there are things to be done outside. Maybe I need to be more rain-friendly?

The other day I was listening to Journey’s Wheel in the Sky https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF1HCMGZ4Ok and it reminded me how much of life is about cycles. AND, how much I love 80s music : )

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment