Monday, December 31, 2012

Homemade Laundry Detergent

A few years ago I tried making my own laundry detergent and for some reason I didn’t keep doing it. It’s SO EASY to do, something that anyone who is wanting to get away from chemicals and head towards more natural products should do. The recipe I use is one of the main ones that is floating around on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfEJHb5lfds

I had written down different amounts of washing soda and borax, so mine will be thicker than in the video. I don’t know where I got these measurements, I probably watched someone elses’ video for those. So I used 1-1/2 cup each of washing soda and borax. So if you try following the video and don’t like the outcome of your soap try using more. Also, I’ve heard some people add essential oil during the last rinse cycle so it smells nice or disinfects, whatever the property is of the essential oil. I’m never coordinated enough to do this and we are washing machine challenged here at LMSH at the moment so I’m not going to bother with that. I will just have to smell natural : )

No comments:

Post a Comment