Sunday, November 25, 2012

What a beautiful day it was here on Lookout Mountain today. I'm so glad I got to take a walk. We have a large patch of spearmint so today we began potting small plants to sell with info about The Learning Garden at Main x24. I also began on a brochure to hand out with the mint.

Also today I emailed Davis Mounger at East Ridge HS. I knew at some point recently he was involved in a solar panel making project. So I emailed him today to find out what the status is. We want solar panels so I'm going to pay him a visit this week to see how we can work together to acquire a solar panel and get them involved in The Learning Garden. I'm looking forward to meeting with him, tentatively on Wed.

Today we briefly discussed fundraising. We REALLY need a truck. We need firewood. We need to be able to haul soil, and produce, and equipment. So, I am going to suggest that our first fundraiser (beyond the "fundraising" we do to pay our own personal bills)be for a truck. Oh! I FORGOT! This will not be the first fundraiser. Lori organized a fundraiser the first weekend of November. Songs of Water and Aimee Wilson played. We didn't sell as much food as we'd hoped but we broke even, thanks to a $100 donor.

Lori pulled out a bread maker the other day and tonight I gave it a shot. Turned out pretty well for my first time. Well, my first time in years that is. We want to start making our own bread regularly.

Last night I forgot to mention the work that Lori's son Noah did on the heating system here at the house. We heat with wood and he fine tuned the basement wood stove and duct system. So thankful for his help.

There has probably been more today, but I'll wind down for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment