Thursday, November 29, 2012

I wrote this last night but failed to post it. So here’s the entry for yesterday:

It’s so late and I really needed to talk to others before posting but they’re asleep, so here’s the day according to Jen:

I visited with Davis Mounger at CSAS about his solar panel project, which is currently being done through the energy systems class. He was very willing to talk to me about it and seemed happy that I was interested. It was a good visit, but nothing concrete came of it. He did say that he had a big rototiller though : ) Must keep that in mind. Oh! Also, he said he can do soil sampling for us. Very cool.

I was able to rake some of the leaves in the yard and move them to a pile near the compost, but still have a lot to do.

We had a house meeting but one of the residents did not attend. There was a lot of drama today, nothing I care to go into since it’s being taken care of, but just the ins and outs of living with others closely. It takes practice!

Lori worked on the website more. I’m so happy Lori is a good writer. She also talked to a lady in Texas about our Junior Master Gardner program and got the approval to move forward.

I want to work on screen printing tomorrow so I coated 2 screens tonight in hopes that my emulsion has not expired and will still work. If so, am hoping I can make a quick shirt for Main x24 and LMSH.

SO TODAY:

We’re vending at Main x24 and shopped for food for that event. Look for us.

I met with Kathleen today and we discussed screenprinting t-shits for the Brainerd Farmer’s Market in the Spring. I also want to sell my jewelry at the market between now and Christmas. I informed her of our efforts here at Lookout Mountain Sustainable Homestead as well.

Raked more yard leaves. I’m making sure we have them as a resource when we need them for gardening purposes.

I also was able to make a screen for LMSH and we hope to wear screenprinted tees to Main x24. This has been my first project since earlier this year, and it feels good to be getting back into screenprinting but I need to work more with my work space to get it working efficiently. This will come with time.

Not the most productive day today when it comes to homesteading work, but tomorrow’s another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment